In this webinar, we share how the Malaysia’s retail landscape has transformed during the pandemic and how the future of the sector will look like.
2020 has been an unprecedented and a challenging year for retail landlords in Malaysia. COVID-19 pandemic has taken away big bulk of rental incomes from retail property owners. To prevent virus spread within the retail property, the cost of operation has increased. With reduced shopping traffic, many retail tenants have given up their leases. In this webinar, our expert will share how the Malaysia’s retail landscape has transformed during the pandemic and how the future of the sector will look like which includes:
- Malaysia retail industry performance in 2020 and 2021
- Malaysia shopping centre performances during the pandemic – occupancy rate, closure, new opening, rental income, etc.
- Winners and losers during COVID-19
- Changing consumer behaviours and patterns
- Changing trade mix and tenant mix in retail property during COVID-19 and its impact on rental income
- Future of shopping centre management in Malaysia
CPD accreditation: BOVAEP (1.5 credit hours)